Why is there a garbage can in the back of your mobile? Our cell phones are full of details, such as improvements to their cameras, more weight, a better grip structure, and even a strong operating system. But what is that particular icon?
It should be noted that the symbol has a similar meaning to the letters “CE”, which indicate that your cell phone has protection against any mishap in the European Union. In addition It is also related to the fact that your equipment carries various components that are harmful to the environment.
Only some devices have it on the back, specifically on the chassis. But sometimes there is usually no icon at all.
SIGHT: Android: what is the “eye rest” button on your cell phone for?
What does the garbage can icon mean on your Android phone
- According to the page of Nokia it is mentioned that this symbol of the crossed-out garbage can is also known as a “wheelie bin” in English.
- Likewise, it refers to the fact that “the battery, informative material or packaging” should not be thrown into common garbage cans.
- On the contrary, they must be taken to different collection points at the end of their useful life.
- The symbol also makes clear mention that the product, in this case the cell phone, can be recycled.
- To do this, you must take into account which are the places or establishments where cell phone disposal is authorized.
What does the NFC button on your Android phone mean and what is it for?
- If you have wondered what the “NFC” button is for, then to make payments without contacts.
- This means that it can be used very similar to Apple Pay, in which you must download an app to be able to use this function and thus make payments without having to have your physical card.
- Although this is only found in some countries, it is expected that little by little it will reach a presence in Latin America.
- On the other hand, with NFC you can also quickly synchronize some devices in your home just by sliding your terminal over the gadgets.
- Likewise, the NFC will also help you locate items that you cannot find at home and that have a tag.
- The identification and even the passport can also be carried within the NFC app. However, it is also disabled in several countries, as is the case with the vaccination card.
What is the “eye rest” button on your Android phone for?
- Visual rest, as its name suggests, serves to avoid any type of fatigue in the eyes.
- When you press the icon, a yellow filter automatically appears on your mobile screen.