Valorant has been one of the most played FPS titles on PC since its launch and Riot Games releases new content for the game on a regular basis. But can you play Valorant on macOS? This is all you need to know.
Valorant Episode 7 Act 3 is in full swing, with Riot releasing new content and changes for its biggest shooter. While the new Law brought the seventh Duelist named Iso to Valorant, the developers also introduced major nerfs to Raze along with huge buffs to Cypher.
These changes always affect the game’s meta and revolutionize the best Valorant agents. However, if you are not on the Windows platform and using macOS, you may be wondering whether you can play Valorant or not.
So, here’s everything you need to know if you want to play Valorant on macOS in 2023.
Iso is the new agent in episode 7, act 3.
Can you play Valorant on Apple macOS?
Valorant is not available for macOS So far, RiotBrentmeister, senior software engineer at Riot Games, confirmed in a Reddit post in early 2021 that there are no plans for Valorant to support Mac OS.
Less ads|Dark mode|Deals on games, TV, movies and technology
Since then, Riot hasn’t announced any plans to release Valorant for macOS, but we’ll be sure to provide an update here if the developers find out about it.
Article continues after ad.
However, you can still play Valorant on your MacBook or iMac by installing Windows on your device, so here’s how to do it.
How to play Valorant on macOS
To play Valorant on macOS, you must use Boot camps on your device to install Windows. Boot Camp is only compatible with Macs with an Intel processorso here is a list of supported devices followed by all the steps to install Valorant on macOS.
- MacBook released in 2015 or later
- MacBook Air released in 2012 or later
- MacBook Pro released in 2012 or later
- Mac mini released in 2012 or later
- iMac released in 2012 or later
- iMac Pro – All models
- Mac Pro released in 2013 or later
Sunset was added to Valorant’s active map pool in Act 2 of Episode 7.
All steps to play Valorant on macOS with Intel CPU
- Make sure you have 64GB or more of free storage. 128 GB is recommended for the best experience.
- Secure an external USB drive with at least 16GB of storage.
- Make sure you have a copy of Windows 10 or 11 64-bit to install on your Mac.
- Visit the official Boot Camp website.
- Follow all the steps carefully to install Windows on your Mac.
- Switch to Windows OS, download Valorant using the official website and install it to start playing.
However, if you’re on one of the recent Macs that use the M series (M1, M2, or M3), you’ll need to follow a different set of steps to start playing Valorant.
All steps to play Valorant on macOS with M1/M2/M3
- Make sure you’re ready to follow the first three steps listed above.
- Download Parallels on your Mac (free trial lasts only 14 days).
- Follow all the steps listed here to install Windows.
- Once the installation is complete, switch to Windows on your Mac and download and install Valorant.
There you have it! That’s everything you need to know to start playing Valorant on macOS. For more content on Valorant, be sure to check out the following:
Who is Iso in Valorant? | Best knife skins in Valorant | How to redo in Valorant | How to change your display name in Valorant | How to refund skins and VP in Valorant | How to uninstall Valorant | The best Valorant cross-shaped codes | The 10 best Valorant streamers on Twitch | How to Claim Free Valorant Prime Gaming Rewards