Ephemeris of March 20: what happened on a day like today?
Today passed! Dozens of moments in history have occurred a March 20. For example, the birth of the British scientist Isaac Newtonthe visit of Barack Obama in Cuba and the birth of youtuber Mexican Luisito Communicates.
Next, we will see what other historical events have happened a March 20.
Ephemeris TODAY, March 20
- 1760: A fire destroys 349 buildings in the city of Boston, in the United States.
- 1854: The Republican Party of the United States is founded in the state of Wisconsin.
- 1861: An earthquake occurs that destroys the city of Mendoza, in Argentina.
- 1916: German scientist Albert Einstein publishes his Theory of Relativity.
- 1946: Puerto Rico reestablishes the Spanish language as the official language of the country.
- 2012: A 7.8 magnitude earthquake shakes Mexico, leaving two dead and many homeless.
- 2016: The President of the United States, Barack Obama, visits Cuban lands after 88 years.
- 2022: Venezuelan athlete Yulimar Rojas breaks her own record at the Tokyo 2020 Olympic Games, with a new record of 15.74 meters in the World Indoor Track final.
- 1639: The leader of the Cossack Hetmanate, Iván Mazepa, is born.
- 1776: Bolivian revolutionary Joaquín Lemoine is born.
- 1928: The Mexican writer Inés Arredondo is born.
- 1935: Mexican singer Óscar Chávez is born.
- 1976: American singer Chester Bennington, lead singer of the band Linkin Park, is born.
- 1984: Spanish soccer player Fernando Torres, idol of the Atlético de Madrid soccer club, is born.
- 1990: Argentine soccer player Marcos Rojo is born.
- 1991: born on youtuber Mexican Luisito Comunica.
- 1191: Clemente III, Pope No. 174 of the Catholic Church, dies.
- 1727: British scientist Isaac Newton dies.
- 1942: Peruvian composer Theodoro Valcárcel dies.
- 1990: Soviet footballer Lev Yashin dies, being the only goalkeeper to win a Ballon d’Or.
- 2020: American singer Kenny Rogers dies.