* 50 years after The Exorcist and with the same intentions as 2018’s Halloween Night and the two subsequent films, Blumhouse Productions, Morgan Creek Productions and Universal Studios, with David Gordon Green as director and co-writer intend to combine tribute nostalgia with commercialization, continuing to expand the well-known brand so that it is also consumed by new generations. That’s why even Ellen Burstyn is back.
The Exorcist: The Faithful is the sixth film in the franchise, but it comes with a clean slate as a direct sequel to William Friedkin’s legendary film. A $400 million budget (many of which is for the return of the 90-year-old actress) who, in addition to negotiating furiously (and seeing her original offer go up), won the New York University Young Actors Scholarship Program. World.
Leslie Odom Jr., Ann Dowd and Jennifer Nettles accompany her in the film, which will be released on October 13, 2023 and which, since its preview, already shows with atmosphere and trumpet sounds that the shadow of the classic is very present and that, on the other hand, can be one of the big successes of the last quarter of the year.
* “Couch for Mother” by Niklas Larsson is one of the films screened at the Toronto Film Festival 2023. The film is about a mother who sits on the couch in a furniture store and refuses to get up, letting her children know why. It stars Ewan McGregor, Ellen Burstyn, Taylor Russell, Rhys Ifans, F. Murray Abraham and Lake Bell.
* Cillian Murphy, Ciarán Hinds and Emily Watson will star in Little Things Like This, an adaptation of the Claire Keegan novel directed by Tim Mielants and written by Enda Walsh. city, forcing him to face his past. This is confirmed by the actor himself: “Everything that happened to us in Ireland with the church, I think we are still thinking about. And art can be a balm for that, it can help.”
*Cate Blanchett and Franz Rogowski will star in the next film by Gaspard Noé, a director as personal as it is unclassifiable, who is already looking for locations in Putignano, Italy, although details about the project have yet to be announced.
* A24 will reunite Paul Rudd and Jenna Ortega in Death of a Unicorn, the story of a pharmaceutical company man and his teenage daughter who collide while driving to a remote location where an emergency meeting is to be held. with a unicorn.
* Bob Iger continues to strengthen his position at Disney. Abruptly leaving his position as CEO in February 2020, he returned to command when his successor Bob Chapek was fired in November 2022. Disney is currently extending his contract as CEO until 2026 to provide stability during a period of uncertainty when it’s best to strategize, even if it’s one of the anger centers of the situation that triggered the Hollywood strike.