On September 12, the Video Music Awards (VMAs) was the platform to celebrate music and recognize the most outstanding talents in the industry.
During the ceremony, two Colombian artists, Shakira and Karol G, won the award for “Best Collaboration” for their song “TQG”, causing both joy and controversy among fans.
The award given to Shakira and Karol G was considered an important achievement for Colombian music and representation on the international scene.
We advise you to read: Carole G and Fede were spotted holding hands together in New York
Many fans expressed their joy and pride in seeing these talented artists take their country to the top. However, amid the applause and praise, When the two singers went on stage to receive their awards, they were accused of allegedly lying and forcing a hug.
These comments are reinforced by Karol G’s statements from 2 years ago, where he revealed that Shakira had initially shown little interest in collaborating with him, long before “TQG” came out.
These revelations fueled rumors that the relationship between the two Colombian artists is not the best, which was reportedly reflected in the tension they felt while embracing on the VMAs stage.
Reactions on social networks
This theory is reflected in the comments of several publications where the award moment was shown:
- @kikigtwins420: Shakira’s first hug as if she didn’t want it… and Karol was very sweet.
- @juliethortega16: What a blast❤️Colombia is on top with this pair of women❤️I love it 👏👏👏
- @angelicaoficial: That hug didn’t seem genuine.
- @dianavgom: Shakira paved the way for Latin artists…legends
- @ysl1011: I guess I wasn’t the only one who wasn’t in favor of the hug, though, Colombian pride!
- @verocuesta18: from Colombia to the world. They are our pride, thank you 🇨🇴🏾
- @monitaccs: Never forget that Shakira had once refused to cooperate with Karol ji………… Shakira again thanked Karol ji.