A very productive utility available on multiple devices.
Apple introduced the Live Text feature at WWDC 2021, along with the other features in iOS 15.
This functionality allows users copy text directly from an image. It is certainly very useful in many situations. A year later, with the appearance on the scene of iOS 16, the company with the bitten apple logo extended the function LiveText to the videos.
Therefore, it is now possible to copy and translate texts with Live Text from a video. Today we see this type of thing with absolute normality, but if you stop to think about it… it’s a real pass.
How to copy and translate text with Live Text in videos
Now, if a user of iPhone, iPad or Mac You do not have a photo or a screenshot by which you can copy a text, you can do it directly from a video with LiveText.
In this short tutorial we will explain how to do it. And not only that, but we will also mention how translate the text Copied with Live Text.
1. Start your Mac running macOS Ventura.
2. Open the Photos app.
3. Then go to the desired video.
Four. Play the video until you find the text you want to copy.
5. Press the pause button.
6. The next thing you want to do is click on the “Live Text” button located in the bottom right corner.
7. The Live Text function will allow you to select all the text in the video but you can also manually select the text you want with the mouse cursor.
8. Then if you want to translate the text simply right click on the selected text and choose the “Translate” option from the drop down menu. That easy!
Important: This feature is not available in apps, to make use of this Live Text feature you need to store a video in your Photos app.
iPhone and iPad
1. Turn on your iPhone or iPad running iOS 16 or iPadOS 16.
2. Open the Photos app and find the video you want to copy text from.
3. What you should do next is play and pause the video when the text you want to copy and/or translate appears.
Four. Press the Live Text button in the lower right corner. If it does not appear, tap on the image.
5. Select the desired text and a small floating menu will automatically appear with the options “Copy” and “Translate”.
In the case in which the “Translate” option is not visible (vertical mode), click on the “>” arrow of the drop-down menu. There is no doubt that Live Text is very useful functionality that we all needed in our lives.