Police clarify that three people were injured by an explosion in Cayey

The Press Office of the Puerto Rico Police Bureau clarified this Thursday that there were three people who were slightly injured by an explosion and fire that occurred at noon in the kitchen of the McDonald’s fast food restaurant, located on Baldorioty street in the urban area. in Cayey.

According to official information, the Uniformada maintained that the information that emerged as a result of the incident was that six employees and two clients were affected by the incident. However, Isabel Rovira, communications manager of the fast food restaurant chain, clarified that the victims were only one worker and two consumers.

“Those affected were transported by municipal paramedics to the Cayey Mennonite Hospital where they were treated by the doctor on duty, who diagnosed minor injuries,” the Police reported.

The complaint was reported at 12:44 pm today, Thursday, through a call to the 9-1-1 emergency system, about an explosion at the McDonald’s establishment.

Lieutenant Luis Cumba, who was in charge of supervising the work on the scene, narrated that, as a precautionary measure, when the first firefighters arrived on the scene, the gas cylinders in the kitchen were closed and the electrical system was cut off. added the official.

“As the manager told us, it was an explosion, when I arrived there was a fire in the kitchen area, that the Cayey firefighters were already working the area,” added Lieutenant Cumba, when asked if it was caused by a gas leak .

However, the manager, identified as Anthony Toro Rosario, told the agents that he smelled a strong smell of gas and moved quickly to the place where the stopcock is to close it, and at that moment there was an explosion in the kitchen.

The Explosives and Public Safety Division assigned an agent to conduct an investigation.

Meanwhile, a “fire marshal” will be in charge of the in-depth investigation to determine the causes of the fire and the outbreak, he added.

They participated in the personal extinction work at the Cayey, Caguas and Cidra stations, which took about an hour and a half.

Currently, they do not have an estimate of property damage.

Source link

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button