June is Pride Month and Metro is proud to assist have a good time LGBTQIA+ tradition and activism as soon as once more. It’s simple to take the Metro to massive occasions taking place within the metropolis this month, and we wish to let you realize that we’re partnering with LA Pride to indicate our dedication to inclusion and good mobility.
Here are Los Angeles Pride occasions you may simply attain through Metro:
- June 8: Pride at Universal Studios Hollywood, Take Line B (Red) to the Universal/Studio City station. Please word that the final practice to Union Station leaves at 12:06 and the final practice to North Hollywood leaves at 12:26.
- June 9 and 10: LA Pride at LA State Historic Park. The two-day, ticket-required pageant will function loads of actions, together with music, meals, drink and enjoyable with Megan Thee Stallion exhibits on Friday and Mariah Carey on Saturday. Chinatown Station on the L (Gold) Line is simply steps from the park. You can switch to/from the L Line at Union Station, which serves Metro Line B/D (pink/purple), Metrolink, Amtrak, and bus traces operated by Metro and different businesses.
- June 11: 53rd Annual Pride Parade in Hollywood. The Los Angeles Pride Parade is Sunday at 11:00am. The parade is definitely accessible through the B (Red) Line Hollywood/Highland station and Hollywood/Vine stations; See map above. We will likely be handing out Metro-branded objects alongside the route and Metro’s Ride with Pride bus will likely be within the parade. Let us inform you that Metro has participated in Pride occasions since 1999, you may see the images of buses and staff collaborating within the parade under. The final image is of 2022.
It’s additionally simple to take Metro to different occasions taking place this summer time in Los Angeles County:
- you may attain out loud pageant to West Hollywood Park this weekend (June 2-4) through Metro Bus Line 4, 16 or 105. If you are arriving with Line B, you will have to get off on the practice station in Vermont/Santa Monica and take Line 4 west towards Santa. Monica and get off on the Santa Monica/San Vicente cease.
- you may attain Samo Gauravwhich can take the E Line (Expo) to the Downtown Santa Monica station on June 3.
- you may attain St. Peter’s Pride, which will likely be held on June 17 by Line J (Silver). To accomplish that, you will have to get off the bus at Beacon/1 and stroll lower than half a mile to the museum.
Here’s a Quick Guide to Riding the Metro,
- Online instruments and cell apps for planning your journey embody Google Maps, Apple Maps, transit apps, and the Moovit app. Our practice and bus monitor map is under.
- The common one-way Metro fare is $1.75 and features a free two-hour switch. Fares might be saved on the TAP card, which prices $2 and is accessible for buy at TAP merchandising machines in any respect metro rail and bus stations.
- Tip # 1: Save time and skip the traces! Load your round-trip fare TAP card earlier than your occasion and skip the road at TAP merchandising machines afterward.
- Tip #2: Buy a day go for $3.50, which can enable you limitless rides from 12:01 am till midnight on the day you employ the go. A 7 day go is simply $12.50.
-You can even obtain the TAP utility in your mobile phone and use your cell phone as a TAP card. Here we present you ways.
- METRO’s Annual Pride TAP Card will likely be accessible beginning tomorrow, Friday June 2, at METRO Customer Service Centers (click on right here for places and hours) and at choose TAP merchandising machines. Check the digital indicators above the merchandising machines to see who has playing cards. We may also be handing out TAP Pride playing cards on the LA Pride Parade and different Pride occasions in June and all through this summer time.
- If you see our Ride With Pride bus or trip the Metro to a Pride occasion and resolve to publish about it on social media, you should utilize the hashtag #LAMetroPride; We could share your posts with our followers. LA Union Station will likely be lit up with Pride colours for all the LA Pride occasions talked about above, make sure you cease at N Alameda St for the most effective selfies. is within the subway TwitterFacebook, Instagram and Tiktok.
Some different issues to find out about Metro and our work with the LGBTQIA+ group:
- Metro is proud to work with the native ConstructOut California, an affiliation that advocates for LGBTQIA companies and helps win contracts associated to engineering, development and different associated industries.
- The Out@Metro worker group was based in November 2014 to foster and help a welcoming, participating, enjoyable and visual group of LGBTQ staff, colleagues and associates at Metro. Metro’s Dorothy Peyton Gray Transportation Library and Archive has a pleasant on-line presentation on the whole historical past of Pride in Metro.
- The LGBTQIA group is a crucial a part of the material of Los Angeles, and the Metro typically serves as necessary transportation for LGBTQIA+ youth and group members who’ve been displaced from their houses. Metro’s participation in Pride Month strengthens our connection to the local people and acknowledges that Metro is proud to serve everybody in Los Angeles County, no matter gender or sexual orientation.