Regardless of the level of fame they manage, celebrities are just as exposed to having their hearts broken -or to break it-, as anyone else. The abysmal difference is that they are exposed to thousands of cameras and microphones that make it even more difficult to mourn the separation.
On occasions, some celebrities have allowed themselves to be seen vulnerable in interviews, talking about what it meant for them to go through a breakup and expressing the way they experienced it at a certain time. Here we share some of the phrases that reached our hearts the most because of the pain behind them.
1. Separating from Liev Schreiber after 11 years of “enviable” marriage, Naomi Watts said: “We have come to the conclusion that the best way for us to stay as a family is for us to separate as a couple.”
2. Although today they are together and happy, when they ended their relationship, JLo and Ben Affleck they suffered too much. “I felt like my heart had been pulled out of my chest,” she explained in True Love. For his part, he testified The Washington Post: “I thought everything was rude. That it was destructive to my career, to my soul, to everything. I had to escape.”
3. Another of the most moving phrases is from JLo when she separated from Marc Anthony: “I had been married twice before and I didn’t want this marriage to be a failure. I put my whole heart and soul into the relationship and I just kind of forgot about myself, kind of forgot who I was as a person.”
4. Rita Ora suffered very intensely from her separation from DJ Calvin Harris, as she told Wonderland: “In those days I just wanted to crawl to my bed and die. But I got out of that, I’m surviving.”
5. In his book Inside Out, Demi Moore tells of her marriage experience that lasted 6 years with Ashton Kutcher and what ended it: “I had a threesome twice, but far from being positive for the couple, it was the beginning of the end of the relationship. It was a mistake and the excuse he used to have sex with other women. I was overwhelmed with shame, I couldn’t help but feel like it was all my fault.”
6. About her relationship with Raffaello Follieri, who turned out to be a fraudster, Anne Hathaway comically recounted on Saturday Night Live in 2008: “I broke up with my boyfriend and two weeks later they put him in jail for fraud. I mean, we’ve all been through that, right ladies?