Twitch is without a doubt one of the most popular platforms today when it comes to entertainment. The Amazon platform has millions of hours viewed year after year, something that makes it one of the basic pillars of content creation. According to data from SullyGnomethroughout 2022 the section chatting It has once again been the most viewed thanks to a total of 2,930 million hours viewed. Despite the first position, the thickness of the content is still focused on video games and League of Legends continues to reign.
According to data from SullyGnome, League of Legends is the most viewed video game on Twitch throughout 2022. During the last year, Riot Games’ MOBA has accumulated 1.5 billion hours viewed13.6% less compared to 2021. The title has also had much fewer broadcast hours, which have fallen to 30.1%, but in return it has achieved a higher peak of viewers thanks to the final of worlds. These are the 10 most viewed video games on Twitch in 2022:
- League of Legends: 1,499 million hours viewed
- Grand Theft Auto V: 1,336 million hours viewed
- VALORANT: 1,106 million hours viewed
- Counter-Strike: Global Offensive (CS:GO): 673,892 million hours viewed
- Apex Legends: 631,929 million hours viewed
- Fortnite: 585.3 billion hours viewed
- Minecraft: 521.336 million hours viewed
- dota 2: 507,078 million hours viewed
- Call of Duty: Warzone: 398,747 million hours viewed
- world of warcraft: 343.876 million hours viewed
Overall, Twitch viewership in 2022 is down compared to 2021. The biggest falls are carried out by Fortnite and Minecraft, reaching a decrease of practically 40%. Instead, as progressed Streams Charts with its stats, the only bright spot in this regard is VALORANT. The Riot Games title has been the shooter most watched in the last year and the only one whose audience has grown. Both its viewing time (16.4%), its broadcast hours (10.6%) and its peak number of viewers (14.3%) have been higher.
The drop in audiences on Twitch is logical considering that, in most of the world, the critical time of the pandemic has ended. However, 2022 has been marked by another great debate that is also reflected in the data: the Slots. The betting category has been the 11th most viewed on the platform with a total of 380,937 million hours viewed and has increased its audience by 34.2%.