It is rare for a patient suffering from herpes zoster to talk about his condition and not mention any discomfort or say a word. Or I got this deal. This story was the bread and butter for a relevant story about work, the popular “cobreiro”, which is more common among people over the age of 50.¹,⁵
The increase in these cases as the age increases is because it is a case that takes advantage of reduced immunity to develop. Due to the natural weakening of the immune system, the risk increases depending on health and is even higher for people with immune compromise, such as chronic diseases (high blood pressure, diabetes), cancer, living with HIV, transplant and Carriers of others.¹,²
No box bam estar, so the presenter will explain why this happens. As it sometimes appears in the reactivation of varicella zoster virus, your catarrha may be like a dormant virus in the body. It is important to find opportunities, such as in situations of low immunity. When awakening occurs, ringworm appears.¹,²
Symptoms arise gradually. The most typical is the vermelido in the peel, which then explodes into small balls. Generally, it is unilateral and suggests the presence of a nerve.¹,²
pain sharper than shock
We also have its specialties. In many respects, it is compared to Shox, Agulhadas and Ate Façadas. A feeling of jealousy also runs through our stories. Only discomforts that affect the patient’s daily routine and quality of life. Lesions are most common in the thoracic (53%), cervical (20%) and trigeminal nerve (15%) regions, and patients may suffer complications such as facial paralysis and ocular involvement.¹,²
For the plot of two patients, the night doesn’t end when the balls run dry. ATE 30% Two patients may be affected by post-herpetic neuralgia, as follows: more common cases. This means living with persistent pain, which can last for months or even years.¹,²,⁵
Despite the major effects on people with weakened immune systems, no one infected with the varicella zoster virus may react to it. The numbers are high: about 94% of two Brazilian adults over the age of 20 can be infected with the virus.³,⁴ So it is extremely important to maintain health care every day and talk to the doctor. You don’t have to feel anything like that!
1. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Prevention of herpes zoster: recommendations of the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices (ACIP). MMWR, v. 57, RR-5, p. 1-30, 2008.
2. Ministry of Health. Herpes (Cobreiro). Available at https://www.gov.br/saude/pt-br/assuntos/saude-de-aaz/h/herpes. Access them: 10/27/2023.
3. Clemens, S. et al. Seroepidemiology of chickenpox in Brazil – results of a prospective cross-sectional study. Journal of Pediatrics, v. 75, no. 433-441, 1999
4. Souza, V.: Panutti, C.; Reis, A. Prevalence of antibodies to varicella-zoster virus in young adults from different climatic zones of Brazil. Accessed July 11, 2023.
5. Kawai, K.; Gebremeskel, BG; ACOSTA, CJ Systematic review of the incidence and complications of herpes zoster: toward a global perspective. BMJ Open, v. 4, no. 6, 2014.
Content intended for the general public. please consult your doctor
NP-BR-HZU-PRSR-230009 – Nov/2023