The production was critically acclaimed and won several renowned awards.
Since the day of its release, there is one series in particular that has been enjoying great success in HBO. Is about “The White Lotus”an original idea of the writer and producer Mike White.
With the leading performances of F. Murray Abraham, Jon Gries, Tom Hollander and Jennifer Coolidge, the series established itself as one of the productions of the moment and one of the most viewed of 2022. Currently has two seasonsthe first with six chapters and the second with seven.
Synopsis for “The White Lotus”
The plot centers on a tropical resort, called “White Lotus”where the audience explores the relationships of wealthy people who unleash their worst instincts and financial abuse.
On their vacations it is also shown how the protagonists interact with the establishment staffwho will have to put up with all kinds of behavior from customers.
Critics were extremely favorable with the HBO production. In IMDb, a site specializing in film criticism, received an average score of 7.9 out of 124,000 reviews; On the other hand, the website Rotten Tomatoes it gave it a 71% approval rating from the audience and 91% from critics of the outlet.
But the score that this last page gave it increased with the release of the second season, in which it obtained 94% of the critics. However, it went down in audience value, with 69%.
In the current awards season, the series was nominated in several categories, but its main victory was in the hands of the actress Jennifer Coolidgewhich won the Golden Globe and the Emmy for “best supporting actress”.
Main cast of the series
- Jennifer Coolidge – Tanya McQuoid-Hunt
- Jon Gries – Greg Hunt
- F. Murray Abraham – Bert Di Grasso
- Adam DiMarco – Albie DiGrasso
- Tom Hollander-Quentin
- Michael Imperioli – Dominic Di Grasso
- Sabrina Impacciatore – Valentina
- Aubrey Plaza – Harper Spiller
Main production team
- Mike White – direction and screenplay
- David Bernard – production
- Mark Kamine – production
- John M. Valerio – production
- Ute Leonhardt – production
- Cristobal Tapia de Veer and Kim Neundorf – soundtrack
- Xavier Grobet and Ben Kutchins – cinematography