cancer not a disease But these are more than 200 different diseases. cancer appears when a cell mutates and divides uncontrollably, These types of cancer cells do not die like “normal” cells, they continue to reproduce, taking the place of normal cells.
Cancer is a reality that affects millions of people around the world, and throat cancer is one of those types that needs special attention. This type of cancer, which affects the structures of the throat and larynx, can have significant consequences on patients’ health and quality of life.
Cancer of the throat, also known as cancer of the larynx or cancer of the vocal cords Arises from cells lining the throat or larynx. The larynx, located at the front of the neck, is essential for vital functions such as speaking and breathing. Cancer develops when normal cells in this area become abnormal and grow out of control.
You may be interested in https://diariodelhuila.com/el-sindrome-del-intestino-irritable/
Recognizing the symptoms of throat cancer is very important for early diagnosis and treatment. Common signs may include:
- Voice Change: Persistent wheezing, change in tone of voice, or difficulty speaking.
- persistent cough: A chronic cough that does not go away and has no obvious cause.
- difficulty swallowing: Difficulty or pain while swallowing food or liquids.
- sore throat: Persistent pain or discomfort in the throat that does not get better with time.
- ear ache: Sometimes the pain can spread to the ear and doesn’t respond to the usual treatments for an ear infection.
- swollen lymph nodes: Presence of swollen lymph nodes in the neck.
Throat cancer is the result of a combination of several factors, which may include:
- Smoking: Tobacco use in any form is a significant risk factor for throat cancer.
- alcohol consumption: Drinking excessive amounts of alcohol over a long period of time can increase your chances of developing this disease.
- HPV infection: Human papillomavirus (HPV) has also been linked to some types of throat cancer.
- chemical exposure: Occupational exposure to certain chemicals and toxins may increase the risk.
You may be interested https://diariodelhuila.com/angina-de-pecho-el-sintoma-de-la-enfermedad-de-las-arterias-coronarias/
any kind of treatment
, Treatment options may include:
- Surgery: In early cases, the affected tissue can be removed. In advanced stages, surgery may involve partial or complete removal of the larynx.
- Radiotherapy: Radiation therapy uses high-energy radiation to kill cancer cells.
- Chemotherapy: Medicines may be given to kill cancer cells or slow their growth.
- Targeted therapy: Some drugs specifically target cancer cells and stop their growth.
- combination therapy: Sometimes a combination of surgery, radiation therapy, and chemotherapy is used to increase the effectiveness of treatment.