Diet recommended by experts in view of enlarged prostate.
Prostate It is a gland in the male reproductive system that is located just below the bladder and produces the fluid that is part of semen. From the age of 40, men are at risk of swelling or its increase, so what is important to pay attention to food and drink are consumedamong other things.
“The risk of an enlarged prostate is also called benign prostatic hyperplasia, and increases with age. This can cause bothersome symptoms, such as blocking the flow of urine from the bladder, urinary tract or kidneys,” he tells the site. Mayo Clinic, a non-profit organization dedicated to clinical practice, education and research. ,
anyway, make something healthy changes to your diet and your Exercise Habits Can help control symptoms.
What are prostate diseases?
As mentioned, there are different types of prostate diseases Medline PlusUnited States National Library of Medicine, which indicates Prostatitis, inflammation and pain of the prostate:
- chronic prostatitis. Also called chronic pelvic pain syndrome, it is the most common type of prostatitis.
- Acute bacterial prostatitis. It starts suddenly from a bacterial infection and is treated with antibiotics. it is rare.
- Chronic bacterial prostatitis. This occurs when a bacterial infection keeps coming back again and again. Symptoms usually begin gradually and treatment takes longer than for acute bacterial prostatitis.
- asymptomatic prostatitis. It has no symptoms and usually does not require treatment. You may find out you have it after testing for other health problems.
How to reduce the symptoms of enlarged prostate
Although there is no magic recipe, research indicates that these measures may reduce the symptoms of benign prostatic hyperplasia:
- Avoid liquids a few hours before going to bed or before going out.
- Limit your intake of caffeine and alcohol, as they can stimulate the urge to urinate.
- Take a low fat diet.
- Eat a variety of vegetables daily.
- Eat several servings of fruit per day, and be sure to include citrus fruits.
- Engage in moderate to vigorous physical activity several days a week.
- Keep a healthy weight.
Food, Protein, and the Prostate
They reported that the role of total protein in the diet and its association with benign prostatic hyperplasia is unclear.
On the one hand, some studies have shown an increased risk of benign prostatic hyperplasia in men. they ate more red meat,
However, other studies found a lower risk in people who maintained a higher intake of total protein, especially higher intakes of type A protein. Lean protein, such as fish.
As always in health matters, it is It is necessary to consult a doctor or in this case the urologist To provide an accurate diagnosis and next steps.
Prostate Care Habits
Healthy habits, such as regular exercise, taking care of your figure, eating vegetables and fruits, and controlling the fat in your diet, can help with benign prostatic hyperplasia.
Also reduces the risk of erectile dysfunction, diabetes and heart disease.