Garlic and lemon are part of the whole cabinet Home remedieswith combinations such as water with lemon or olive oil with garlic, so it should come as no surprise that they found a place together in Saucepan for promising many benefits for the bodyBut what is it for and how well does it really work?
How do you make garlic with lemon?
The two ingredients separately are considered healthy, although the mixture is commonly promoted in one of two ways:
- The raw preparation is mixed with hot water and left for several days.
- In an infusion in which garlic is infused in boiling water and then lemon juice, sometimes honey and chopped ginger are added.
people drink this mixture warm, hot or coldSometimes on an empty stomach, as it is believed that this is how you get the maximum benefit from it.
What are the benefits of garlic with lemon?
He Garlic with Lemon a general advice for cure coldLower cholesterol, help people with high blood pressure, increase metabolism, reduce appetite and even treat some types of cancer; however, healthline claims that there is no scientific evidence that this ‘miracle drink’ works for these purposes, neither as a treatment for a condition, nor as a preventive.
“Although individual components of garlic tea may currently have a beneficial effect on health no test Drinking this drink is better than adding the ingredients of garlic tea to a normal diet,” the description states on the site.
Various websites talk about the purported benefits of drinking garlic and lemon, however, they cite studies in which other forms of garlic were examined: whole, in oil or extractWhich does not match the preparation of the infusion, which changes its properties.
There are no specific studies on this drink to support the claims of its benefits.
What will happen if I eat garlic with lemon on an empty stomach?
personally, Garlic and Lemon May Have Health BenefitsBut that doesn’t mean ingesting them is the best way in a single drink or fasting,
Drinking or eating something on an empty stomach is usually related to more potent utilization of its nutrients, but in most cases It does not matter,
The habit of eating something first upon waking is shrouded in mysticism. Commented by nutritionist Daniel Ursua from Spain one who perceives on a psychological levelexcuse for the rest of the day“, a ‘allow’, ie, if remedy for fastingIt seems that it does not matter what is eaten afterwards.
“If you like garlic tea, there’s no reason not to drink it. On the other hand, if you do not like the taste of garlic tea. Don’t force yourself to drink it. You don’t need to drink garlic tea to stay healthy or avoid disease,” Healthline concluded.
There are other ways to incorporate garlic and lemon into your daily diet and reap their proven benefits for the body.
Benefits of garlic
lots of garlic benefits for the body when swallowed raw, not cookedHowever when cooked it imparts a characteristic flavor to food which may otherwise be bland.
Most of the properties of garlic have a positive effect on the body they owe alysina beneficial substance that exists Briefly in fresh garlicwhen crushed or cut.
Cooking or boiling garlic deactivates these beneficial enzymes, so the extract will have less of its properties.
Experts recommend chopping garlic and leaving it for 10 minutes before cooking to allow allicin to develop and more of the compound to be found whole or in pieces.
Garlic, especially raw, has been associated with an excellent nutritional profile:
- Rich in Vitamin C, Vitamin B6 and Manganese.
- It contains antioxidants.
- anti inflammatory: Because of its antioxidants and allicin.
- Helpful in prevention of common flu and cold: Its allicin improves the immune system.
- good for the heart: Lowers blood pressure and controls cholesterol levels.
- controls sugar level
- may improve memory
- it has been studied eat garlic It may help protect against certain diseases such as heart disease, high blood pressure, cognitive decline, some types of cancer, and may even prevent premature death.
benefits of lemon
He Lemon It is a fruit that is regularly used in home remedies especially for weight loss, promoting heart and digestive health and although it has many beneficial properties, it is not actually as ‘miraculous’ as that it has been described.
There are studies that analyze whether this fruit can help be satisfied (as promoted by garlic and lemon tea), but much research is lacking, as many of the studies done have been done on animals.
Soluble fiber is thought to be responsible for maintaining satiety lemon pectinpresent in the shell, which is thought to be able to expand in the stomach and helps to feel satietyHowever, Healthline states: “Many people don’t eat this whole lemon, And since lemon juice doesn’t contain pectin, Drinking lemon juice does not boost feelings of satiety in the same way”.
However, these fruits also have many other benefits:
- sources of Vitamin C and FlavonoidsWhich contains antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties as well as fiber and other nutrients.
- Vitamin C is an antioxidant nutrient that helps immune system healthskin and other organs.
- Possible effect of lowering blood pressure.
- Potentially helpful for controlling blood sugar.
- Healthline says it is believed that if combined with raw garlic, it may help lower LDL (bad) cholesterol levels.