This browser does not support the video element.
beer It is one of the most consumed beverages in Spain, so much so that it has become a country with an authentic beer culture and is one of the regions in the world where it is consumed in the highest quantities. In supermarkets and bars we can find a variety of brands that adapt to the tastes of the consumer and that many people are addicted to, but Is it good to drink beer every day?
The first thing to clarify is that beer is an alcoholic beverage and Alcohol is never good for your health. This does not mean that you should completely remove it from your diet, you just have to learn to drink in a controlled manner and in moderation so that it does not become a bad habit in our daily life and cause serious diseases.
Beer is an alcoholic beverage made from barley grains and fermented with water and yeast. Additionally, it contains the flavor of hops or other plants that give it the bitter taste that is so popular. Drinking beer with friends has now become a tradition in our country and for this reason, the beer industry in Spain is booming with big national brands that already capture a significant part of the international market.
Negative effects of drinking excessive amounts of beer
As we have already said, alcohol is a toxic substance within our body and does not provide any benefits, it is just empty calories. For this reason, nutritionists insist that when we want to lose weight it is better to remove beer from the diet and not consume it daily. But this is not only harmful when we want to lose weight. All this causes the abuse of beer in our body:
- Causes diseases like cirrhosis, Alcohol is a substance that can cause great harm to our health. It is proven that abuse can lead to serious liver diseases and even cirrhosis. Additionally, it may also increase the risk of cancer of the larynx, esophagus, mouth, throat, colon, or liver.
- The risk of high blood pressure increasesTherefore it can affect heart health
- obesity: Excessive consumption of alcoholic beverages increases the calorie consumption in a day and as we have said, they are empty calories, they do not provide energy. Several studies have shown that consuming two or more beers a day can increase overweight by up to 34%.
- risk of depression:Alcoholism is a very serious disease. There is a medium and long-term risk of suffering from depression and dependence from the use of this substance.
- Physical and mental fatigue: Beer is also a carbonated beverage, so when combined with alcohol it can cause stomach upset. Additionally, excessive consumption can also damage the brain’s neural connections.
Are there any benefits of drinking beer?
This barley drink has low alcohol content, usually between 4 and 6 degreesAlthough there are some that can reach up to 20. Its daily and indiscriminate use is not recommended, but some studies provide information about what benefits it can bring us if we use it responsibly and in moderation.
Due to its properties and components, beer provides nutrients such as vitamins, carbohydrates, proteins and minerals. Also, thank you It contains silicon and antioxidant properties, can also strengthen the health of our bones. Additionally, moderate consumption may also help prevent certain cardiovascular diseases.
This myth has always been spread that drinking a glass of beer or wine a day is good for your health, this is not true, because alcohol is never good for your health. You can enjoy these types of drinks, but always in moderation and with responsible consumption.