The Android operating system in conjunction with WhatsApp, have developed an interesting tool that millions of users still do not know about, we are talking about the “unfaithful mode” of the aforementioned instant messaging platform. Would you like to know how to activate it? It is something that from Depor we will teach you immediately. Take note.
Before we begin, what is the unfaithful mode of WhatsApp? It is a function that allows you to duplicate the Meta application so that you can register a new account with a different phone number from the main one, in this way you will manage two accounts on the same Android device.
Why did they call it “unfaithful mode”? Simple, because with the secondary application you will be able to chat with other people without your partner knowing, since he or she will not find evidence when reviewing your main account, some even disable notifications or use a Launcher to change or camouflage the logo of the secondary application.
SIGHT: What features will come to WhatsApp for iOS users this year?
The trick to enable the “unfaithful mode” of WhatsApp
Remember you are not going to download third-party applications because it is a joint function between WhatsApp and Android. Your smartphone only needs Android 10 or higher versions, because here the settings include the “Dual Messenger” option.
- First, check that WhatsApp do not have pending updates in the Android Google Play Store.
- Now, enter the “Settings” of your cell phone, find it with the icon of a cog or gear.
- The next step is to find and press the section that says “Advanced functions”.
- Click on the option called “Dual Messenger”.
- Turn on the WhatsApp switch, which by default will appear disabled.
- Android will ask if you want to install a second copy of WhatsApptap on the “Install” button.
- Go to the main interface, where all your applications are. Here you will see two WhatsApp apps, one of these has the orange icon at the bottom right.
- Open it and you can register a new account with a different phone number than the one you use.
- This is how to manage two different accounts on the same phone. Would you use WhatsApp’s “unfaithful mode”?
Discover what the letter “i” means next to your WhatsApp messages
This icon means “Information”, press it and the following notice will appear: “This message will not disappear from the chat. It is possible that the sender or receiver has an old version of WhatsApp”.
Basically, it is telling you that the other person has a pending WhatsApp update in the Android Google Play Store or iOS App Store, it is also possible that your cell phone is no longer compatible with the application. Remember that Android 4.1 and iOS 12 or higher versions are currently requested.
In case your contact tells you that their application is already updated and their phone is one of the last to come out, suddenly you are the one who did not update WhatsApp or have downloaded the Beta program. Here the solution would be to return to the stable (official) version.