September 14, 2023 – 12:27 pm
“Dr.” Ophthalmology service professionals. Ramon Madariaga” warns about the most common eye diseases, when in case of warning signs one should seek regular consultation or go to an ophthalmologist.
In this context, they refer to the most common eye diseases in the service. The most frequently asked questions are mostly for? Conjunctivitis and stye. They do not permanently affect vision. There are more, like Glaucoma, cataract or retinopathy, They affect vision and may require treatment with medication or surgery.
Other common optical defects in the office are presbyopia, myopia, farsightedness And astigmatism All refractive errors are corrected with glasses. They are not okay.
- Presbyopia: There is difficulty in seeing nearby objects. People can be affected by this condition from the age of 40 onwards.
- myopia: This causes difficulty in seeing distant objects.
- Foresight:Difficulty seeing close objects regardless of age.
- Astigmatism: Another refractive error of the eye. Due to this, near and distant objects appear blurred.
When are routine checkups done?
Although the symptoms are mainly found in people who suffer from any of these diseases, there are certain ages in which regular control with a professional is necessary: newborns, children from 3 years old, before starting primary school. , at the age of 13, after 40 years of age; Apart from this, it is also necessary to have an annual review. Diabetic patients should get their eye health checked more often than other people.
Tips for eye health care
- Don’t use the screen too close to the eyes
- Have good lighting when reading or looking at electronic devices
- Rest your eyes every 20 minutes
- Do not self-medicate if you have any symptoms, pain or discomfort
- Consult your ophthalmologist if you notice pain, discomfort, or difficulty seeing.