How to be positive when nothing is going well?
We’ve all had those days when it seems like nothing is going right. The alarm clock doesn’t ring, the coffee spills on our shirts, the bus escapes from under our noses and a downpour falls without carrying an umbrella.
The most normal thing is to get carried away by the demons and start to swear in Aramaic. And if the feeling that is generated is not anger, but sadness, the question is always the same: why me? However, in these cases it is always better to have high morale and remain positive in the face of any setback.
The importance of not wallowing in negativity
Staying stuck in a state of pessimism doesn’t allow you to react and, in fact, reduces energy and the desire to change. Therefore, the recipe to start seeing things with different eyes already starts badly. These two ingredients are necessary and essential to get out of the hole.
Understanding this is very important, because it is the first step to be able to start the comeback. But of course, it is not easy to make a change of mind when hopelessness takes over the mind.
The goal: positive attitude
Having a positive attitude means that someone focuses exclusively on the achievements and successes that can be achieved, and not on the failures that can be achieved. That is to say, someone who is positive, when there is some kind of problem, focuses on finding solutions instead of complaining about what is going wrong. And he does it without getting discouraged if he doesn’t find a solution in the first instance.
Tips for not seeing everything black
If you feel stuck and nothing seems to be going right, one of the first things to do is identify what the problem is. It is necessary to think and take time to know for sure what is happening, the reasons why it is happening and how it can be changed.
If it’s something banal like waking up late, just go to bed earlier and set a couple of alarms. But if the thing is more serious, such as job loss, a breakup and financial problems, it will be necessary to do a deeper reflection to understand the origin of the problems. While the lever of change is found, there are a few strategies that can be adopted.
- Set small goals: setting specific goals can help to have a direction, which is important to find change. Of course, they have to be achievable goals.
- have waist: high expectations are not good allies. That is why it is important to have adaptability. Life is not going according to plan, so twists and bumps in the road must be tolerated.
- Take breaks: Seeing everything in black is exhausting. And if you don’t get out of that vicious circle, you’re going to end up very burned out and with a totally distorted perspective. To avoid this, it is advisable to refresh the brain – go for a walk, play sports, meet friends – to face reality with a reset mentality.
- Know what happens to everyone: You are not the first, nor the last, nor the only person who has problems. No matter how serious they seem, there is always someone worse who is trying to get ahead. Do not punish yourself for seeing everything negative. You don’t deserve it and you will get ahead, although it may take some time.
- Find support: It’s okay to ask for help when you feel blocked. Talk to a trusted friend or family member, or consider seeking the help of a psychologist to start working toward seeing everything through new eyes.