If you want to install apps from external sources on your Fire TV Stick, you need to follow these steps.
If you want Get the most out of your Amazon Fire TV Stick, you should not only know the best techniques for using this device, but you should also ultimately know how to expand the storage using USB to install more applications. And programs determine a large part of the user experience because they allow you to enjoy all the content. To do this, you can access the Appstore and download them.
However, It’s no secret that there are many other applications outside of the Appstore. interesting and will help you enjoy your Fire TV Stick even more. But installing them from external sources is not as easy as you might imagine, although it is not impossible. And we have prepared this post to tell you all about it.
- Requirements for installing external APKs on Fire TV Stick
- Steps to Install External APK Apps on Amazon Fire TV Stick
Requirements for installing external APKs on Fire TV Stick
It is important to note that to install apps from sources outside of the Appstore on your Fire TV Stickyou must fulfill a very important requirement: activate developer options.
The default is a feature that is disabled to protect the system potentially malicious files that the user downloads outside the store. However, you can easily activate this feature by clicking the option several times in the device configuration.
We have a post where We explain everything about activating developer options on your Fire TV Stick.. However, you need to be very careful when downloading and installing programs from the Internet. It is recommended to use trusted and secure websites, otherwise you may expose your computer to any malware that spreads throughout your home Wi-Fi network.
Steps to Install External APK Apps on Amazon Fire TV Stick
Having said all of the above, You should know that the process of installing APK files outside of the Appstore is extremely simple., although this requires you to follow some steps, which we will tell you below. They won’t take you more than a couple of minutes.
- If Developer Options are enabled, you must enable installation Applications of unknown origin is in this menu.
- By doing this you will get APK installation option unlocked outside the store.
- So now you can use a browser like Firefox or an app like Downloader that combines a file manager and a browser.
- Find The downloader or browser you wantyou need to enter the menu Utilities.
- Once you have installed any of these programs.
- From your browser, you need to access the web page that stores the APK file you want to download. Again, you want to make sure it’s trustworthy.
- You need to find the APK you are interested in and download it.
- At the end of the download process, you must click on this file to begin the installation.
- As we already mentioned, for successful installation you must first have installed applications from unknown sources enabled.
- That’s all because now you can enjoy this new application.