Guatemalan singer-songwriter Gaby Moreno continues to focus on her work and is linked to musical projects, and this Monday, January 23, she was nominated for an award at the Guild Of Music Supervisors awards, which recognize musical work and supervision in film, television, games, advertising and trailers.
The Guatemalan artist was nominated in the category Best Song Written and/or Recorded for a Film with A Song In My Heart, song that he composed and that he interprets in The Valet, production of the Mexican comedian Eugenio Derbez.
According to Moreno, the song and the film were released in May 2022 on the Hulu platform.
In addition, the website of the medium Variety revealed this Monday, January 23, that the Guatemalan singer, songwriter and producer, is one of the candidates for an award at the 13th edition of the Guild Of Music Supervisorswhose face-to-face and virtual gala will take place on March 5 at the Wiltern Theater in Los Angeles, USA.
In the category Best Song Written and/or Recorded for a Film Lady Gaga, Rihanna and Taylor Swift, among others, were also nominated.
All the nominees in Best Song Written and/or Recorded for a Film
A Song In My Heart – The Valet
Composers: Gaby Moreno, Heitor Pereira
Performer: Gaby Moreno
Music Supervisor: Howard Paar
hold my hand – Top Gun: Maverick
Composers: Lady Gaga, BloodPop
Performer: Lady Gaga
Music Supervisor: Randy Spendlove
lift me up – Black Panther: Wakanda Forever
Composers: Robyn Fenty PKA Rihanna, Ludwig Göransson, Ryan Coogler, Temilade Openiyi PKA Tems
Music Supervisor: Dave Jordan
Carolina – Where the Crawdads Sing
Composer: Taylor Swift
Performer: Taylor Swift
Music Supervisor: Spring Aspers
This Is A Life – Everything Everywhere All At Once
Composers: Ryan Lott, David Byrne, Mitski Miyawaki
Performers: David Byrne, Mitski, Son Lux
Music Supervisors: Lauren Marie Mikus, Bruce Gilbert
Turn Up the Sunshine – Minions: The Rise of Gru
Composers: Jack Antonoff, Sam Dew, Patrik Berger, Kevin Parker
Cast: Diana Ross, Tame Impala
Music Supervisors: Mike Knobloch, Rachel Levy
Read more: Ivana Batchelor: this was the message and the video that the Guatemalan published on social networks about animal abuse
Ready As I’ll Never Be – The Return of Tanya Tucker
Composers: Tanya Tucker, Brandi Carlile
Cast: Tanya Tucker, Brandi Carlile
Music Supervisors: Jill Meyers, Drew Bayers
Honey To The Bee – Catherine Called Birdy
Composers: James Marr, Wendy Page
Performer: Misty Miller
Music Supervisors: Jen Malone, Nicole Weisberg
Composers: Jerry Leiber, Mike Stoller, Amala Dlamini, David Sprecher, Rogét Chahayed
Performer: Doja Cat
Music Supervisor: Anton Monsted
Paper Airplanes – A Jazzman’s Blues
Composers: Ruth Berhe, Terence Blanchard
Performer: Ruth B.
Music Supervisor: Joel C. High
More about Gaby Moreno
The Guatemalan singer-songwriter and composer is also nominated at the 65th Grammy Awards, whose gala will be held on February 5 in Los Angeles, USA.
On this occasion, Moreno competes in the category Best Latin Rock or Alternative Album with Allegoryhis seventh studio album.
Also read: Lo Nuestro Awards: This is the complete list of nominees
The presence of Gaby Moreno in other productions
It is not the first time that the voice of Gaby Moreno is part of a project other than her records. His songs have accompanied different advertisements, TV series, and movies, among others.
- The interpretation of Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas appears in one of the episodes of a new Netflix series titled Partner Track.
- In another Netflix series, Orange is the other Blacksounds in one of the final chapters the interpretation of Cucurrucucu dove.
- He also did all the composition of the film’s soundtrack Language Lessons (Apple TV).
- In La Llorona the film by the Guatemalan filmmaker Jairo Bustamante, made an adaptation of the song La Llorona and is part of that award-winning production.
- He had the opportunity to create the theme song for the series parks and recreation of the nbcwhich earned him an Emmy nomination.
- Sing and act in an episode of the cabinet of curiosities, Guillermo del Toro’s series available on Netflix. The Guatemalan singer-songwriter supported with Bad mana song written by Lydia Mendoza, a singer and guitarist who was very successful in the 1930s and 1940s. Dreams In The Witch House (Dreams in the witch’s house) is the chapter in which he acts and is based on a story written by HP Lovecraft, the renowned author of fantasy and horror stories, in 1932.
- In 2022 he wrote the song with Heitor Pereira Because you are leaving? and she played it in the movie Puss in boots – the last wish.