A Guillermina Tokman She has been passionate about board games since she was a girl. She today she has more than a hundred. She always shared that taste with friends, but one day she decided to capture it in a TikTok video. Her impact was such that her personal account ended up becoming a blog of “gamers”. Over there makes reviews and also gives ideas to have fun with what we have at home.
in dialogue with TN, the young Rosario spoke of her passion, reflected on the importance of the game and the meaning that an account referring to this universe has such a scope. Besides, recommended some for the holidays.
Also read: “Better call Félix”, the lawyer who hopes they never need him and is viral for explaining the laws
Guillermina Tokman, from playing in her childhood to popularity on social networks
Guillermina assured that the passion for games is something very genuine in her personality: “It comes from childhood. My parents listened to me, they encouraged this taste, they fostered interest and they sat down to play with me”.
For his closest circle this is nothing new. Even at every gathering, her friends expect her to show up with a board, cards, or dice. However, one day she decided to take her passion to social networks: “It occurred to me to make a TikTok of five board games for previews and barbecues with your friends because it is something that I do in my life”.
Although it was random, the success was almost immediate: people loved it and since she is passionate about talking about it and feels comfortable doing it, she did not hesitate to repeat it. “It is not by chance that a board game account grows so large. Although there are a lot of people who do it, I think that what is different from mine is that I am a woman -which is not usual in the world of games- and that I propose to bring the game to families to reunite in a way different,” he said.
Guillermina and her followers formed a kind of community that feeds off. It is that users also recommend games that she later shares.
“The audience that follows me isn’t that heavy on board games, and that’s a bit of what I’m criticized in the world of board games or ‘player gamers’, but the reality is that people want to have a good time“, he pointed. In this sense, he highlighted that the games that most interest his followers They are dynamic, simple, fun, easy to explain and friendly for different ages.
In closing, he remarked that the games can be applied in all areas: “Teachers to grandparents who play with their grandchildren have written to me and are surprised that the children leave their cell phones behind.” “I think the game is transversal to all of us. For a long time we were taught that the ones who play are the children and that being an adult and playing is wrong, but in reality playing is something that we all carry inside. It is given a negative connotation that it does not have, ”she concluded.
Three games with pencil, paper and dice to take on vacation
Guillermina Tokman explains how to play “La papa”, “Martinetti” and “Tateti recargado”. (Photo: Instagram / guilletokman)
- “The potato” It’s great for playing in the car with the kids. You need a sheet of paper and colors according to the number of players. The original is with numbers, but it can also be done with letters and it’s good for kids who are learning to write.
- Martinetti is a classic game in the style of “La Generala”. It can be played in pairs, but there is no limit to the number of people and you only need three dice, a piece of paper, a pen and markers. It’s very good.
- “Tateti ornate”: It is played by two people with paper and pen. It’s like a twist on the classic “Tatetí”, but it’s good because it has some strategy.
Three board games to take on vacation
Guillermina Tokman teaches you to play “Say it with memes”, “Adventurers on the Europe train” and “Five seconds. (Photo: Instagram / guilletokman)
- “Say it with memes”: It’s great to play with a group of friends, especially if several go on vacation, because it admits from three to 20 or more players. It is an easy to explain, dynamic game, it is a party game and it’s a lot of fun. This is for people over 18, but we also have the option of “meme mania” which is for people under 18.
- “Adventurers to the Europe train” It is a classic toy library, a collector of board games, therefore it is a bit expensive, but it has some super cute components. It’s kind of a reversed “TEG” and it’s very entertaining. It is played by two to five players from the age of eight and the games last from 30 to 60 minutes.
- “Five seconds” It works very well in large groups of friends because it supports a lot of players. There is a popular version, ideal for the family, and an adult version, for those over 18.