A game with dangerous magnetic balls sold on Walmart.com has been recalled.

SAN FRANCISCO. A federal agency on Friday ordered a recall of toys sold in Walmart.com which contained powerful magnetic beads that could be dangerous to children if swallowed.

The Consumer Product Safety Commission (CSPC) said the 5-millimeter (0.2-inch) beads exceed federal standards for magnetic force and can clump together and block parts of the digestive system if swallowed.

According to the Commission, no injuries have been reported as a result of the use of this particular product, calledor Relax 5 mm science kit. It contained 216 small, colorful magnetic beads with what the CPSC called “high magnetic flux.”

According to the agencySwallowed magnets may stick to each other or to other metal objects, which can cause perforation, twisting and/or blockage of the intestine, infection, blood poisoning and death.

According to CPSC estimates, Between 2017 and 2021, 2,400 cases of magnet ingestion were treated in hospital emergency departments. and said that the agency is aware seven deaths related to ingestion of dangerous magnets, including two outside the United States.

The magnet set was sold on Walmart.com by Joybuy Marketplace Express, a division of Chinese e-commerce giant JD.com. By mid-afternoon ET, the kits were no longer visible on Walmart.com.

Source link

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button