Dollar price today, December 30: Exchange rates in Honduras, Mexico, Guatemala, Nicaragua…

Financial markets are officially closed. On the last day of surgery dollar index (DXY), It is a measure used to assess the strength of the US dollar against a basket of the six most important currencies at the global level. registered a slight increase of 0.15%, trading at 101,060 units, according to Data

The dollar recorded its first annual fall since 2020

Although the dollar recovered in the final hours of market close, This was not enough to recover from the bad streak experienced in December. After this, the US currency fell by more than two percentage points annually, parting with a two-year winning streak that recorded its first decline since 2020.

Fed spending cuts weigh on dollar

Over the last month The dollar fell on growing expectations that the US Federal Reserve (Fed) will end its rate hike cycle and begin cutting rates starting next year. as inflation declines. In this regard, the market’s attention is now focused on when the cuts will begin and how they will affect inflation, indicating a new quality for the dollar.

Markets are expecting an earlier rate cut in the US. and they are less confident that the European Central Bank will do it so quickly, This is why the dollar is very weak. We also have a positive risk appetite that another negative aspect for the dollar. Looking ahead to 2024, Dollar weakness will be a theme at central bank meetings in March“, explains Nils Christensen, chief analyst at Nordea, according to statements collected

The odds that the Fed will leave interest rates unchanged in January are 83.5%.Bye The remaining 16.5% assume that the Central Bank may begin cuts as early as next month.according to forecasts from the FedWatch CME tool.

You may also like: States where it will snow on New Year’s Eve

Dollar price today, December 30: Exchange rates in Honduras, Mexico, Guatemala, Nicaragua…

After the fall of the dollar We’re announcing its price today, December 30th, in Mexico and parts of Central America. at the end of 2023 it was recorded in

Exchange rate

  • Mexico: 16.9725 Mexican pesos (MXN)
  • Costa Rica: 519.59 Costa Rican colon (CRC)
  • Guatemala: 7.8234 quetzals (GTQ)
  • Honduras: 24.6756 lempiras (HNL)
  • Nicaragua: 36.6027 Cordoba (NIO)


  • Mexico: 16.9600 Mexican pesos (MXN)
  • Costa Rica: 506.95 Costa Rican colón (CRC)
  • Guatemala: 7.6428 quetzals (GTQ)
  • Honduras: 24.2242 lempiras (HNL)
  • Nicaragua: 36.1512 Cordoba (NIO)


  • Mexico: 16.9850 Mexican pesos (MXN)
  • Costa Rica: 532.23 Costa Rican colon (CRC)
  • Guatemala: 8.0039 quetzals (GTQ)
  • Honduras: 25.1271 lempiras (HNL)
  • Nicaragua: 37.0541 Cordoba (NIO)

Source link

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button