During the Christmas holidays, people normally gain weight after consuming high-fat snacks, but the goal of many for the start of 2023 is to be able to shed those extra pounds in a short time. To achieve this goal, it is important to follow a healthy and strict diet to see the results quickly.
However, it is important to keep in mind the foods that play a role against weight care. Well these, although they are very appetizing and have a good flavor that confuse people making them understand that they are healthy, but they really are not because they have low nutrition and are high in calories.
Therefore, the National Library of Medicine of the United States, Medline Plus, highlights the foods that should be avoided to lose weight in a short time:
high fat foods
Most foods are high in fat with very low nutritional value. Many of these foods ruin diets that are made up of unhealthy saturated or trans fats. Some of them are:
- Fatty meats like sausage, bacon, or ribs
- Foods that contain full-fat cheese, such as pizza, burritos, and macaroni and cheese.
- Fried foods.
- Full-fat dairy foods, such as ice cream or pudding.
- Foods made with cream, such as creamy sauces and soups.
During the refining process, most of the nutrients and fiber in the grains is removed, with the exception of whole grains. As a consequence, these foods make the body ask for more food and do not eliminate satiety from the body, so you gain weight. These are the refined grains to avoid:
- White bread
- Pasta prepared with white flour
- White rice
These types of drinks have a high caloric index that prevents weight loss and, on the contrary, they increase calories in the body.
- Refreshments: a 16-ounce can of sugary soda has about the same number of calories as a cookie.
- Fruit juice: Most fruit juices are high in sugar and low in fruit, so look for a 100% fruit juice with no added corn syrup, dextrose, sucrose, or syrup.
- Sports and energy drinks: They are characterized by containing a high level of sugar and some have caffeine.
- Coffee drinks: This ingredient is low in calories, but when high fat milk and flavorings are added, it increases the calorie content in the body.
These types of preparations usually have fats, sugars, and refined grains that are bad for a healthy diet. Therefore, this type of cravings that inadvertently gain weight in large quantities should be limited.
- Sweet cookies
- Chocolate and nuts biscuit (brownies)
In addition to these foods, there are others that seem “healthy”, but really are not. For example, energy bars, which are known as a post-workout health food, most of these foods are low in fiber and high in sugar, fat, and calories.
Another product that tends to cheat are cream-based soups such as mushroom or curd with flour, they have an excessive amount of calories. However, broth-based soups, such as minestrone, have around 100 calories, less than creamy soups.
Also, creamy salad dressings are high in fat, so using a tablespoon of dressing made with healthy fats like avocado, olive oil, or plain yogurt is recommended.