The first woman president in the political history of Honduras, Xiomara Castro, is the character of the year 2022, according to a survey carried out by Diario LA PRENSA on its digital platforms.
Register and be part of the largest LA PRENSA community
1. Xiomara Castro, who assumed the Honduran presidency since January 27, 2022, it was chosen by the followers of this newspaper with 4,578 votes, which represent 51.20% of the total poll.
2. Shin Fijiyama came in second with 3,032 votes (33.91%). The Japanese influencer based in Honduras promotes the construction of social works and schools in popular regions of Honduras, in addition to standing out for his charisma in his video blogs.
3. Ronald Quintero, who stood out on the list for being the first Honduran to climb Mount Everest, came in third place, achieving a total of 420 votes (4.70%).
4. Cesia Sáenz achieved fourth place with 356 votes (3.98%). The Honduran singer who triumphed at La Academia and who became one of the most important figures in entertainment and the national artistic scene. A large part of the country was waiting for her participation and her consequent triumph in the Mexican television program.
5. Pedro Troglio was creditor of fifth place with 205 votes (2.29%). The Argentine coach of Olimpia, the Honduran club that lifted the international title of the Concacaf League on Costa Rican soil against the Alajuelense Sports League and who also won the local tournament in December 2022.
6. María Elena Botazzi was left with sixth place with 162 votes (1.81%). The Honduran scientist continues to elevate the name of Honduras in science through her research. Botazzi has promoted scientific efforts to combat the covid-19 pandemic, including the creation of a vaccine. She was also nominated for the Nobel Peace Prize.
7. Mauricio Dubón, the Honduran major league baseball player, became the first Honduran to be an MLB champion with the Houston Astros. The audience of Diario LA PRENSA positioned him in seventh position in the survey with 104 votes (1.16%).
8. Beatriz Valle managed to occupy the eighth position of the vote with 48 votes (0.54%). Valle gained importance as a representative of the Libre party at the beginning of the year, when she was one of the faces that promoted the parallel board of directors in the National Congress. Since then, her statements continue to make a dent in the national political spectrum.
9. Teófimo López was ranked ninth and last in the poll with 36 votes (0.40%). The American-born boxerbut of Honduran origins, continues to enrich his international sports career and waving the Honduran flag in his fights.