Arrest warrant issued for Brian Walshe for the murder of his wife Ana Walshe, who disappeared in Massachusetts

(CNN) — An arrest warrant was issued Tuesday for Brian Walshe in the murder of his wife, Ana Walshe, a Massachusetts mother of three who has been missing since the new year, Norfolk District Attorney Michael Morrissey announced.

Walshe, 47, pleaded not guilty last week to misleading investigators about his actions in the days surrounding his wife’s disappearance. He is being held at the Norfolk County Correctional Facility and will be transferred to Quincy District Court for a murder arraignment on Wednesday, Morrissey said.

“Additional details of the investigation and evidence supporting those allegations are likely to be presented during the arraignment, but that will not be disclosed at this time,” the prosecutor clarified.

An attorney for Brian Walshe declined to comment.

The arrest warrant comes more than two weeks after Ana Walshe was reported missing from her workplace, prompting investigators to launch a massive search for her whereabouts.

Police found possible gruesome evidence: blood and a bloody knife in the basement of the family’s Cohasset home, according to prosecutors; Brian Walshe’s internet logs showing searches on how to dismember and dispose of a dead body, according to law enforcement sources; and a hacksaw and apparent blood stains at a garbage collection site, according to police sources.

According to police, Brian Walshe told investigators that he last saw his wife on the morning of January 1, when she left their Cohasset home in a shared ride or taxi to the airport to catch a flight. of work to the city of Washington. In addition, he said he ran errands for her mother in nearby Swampscott later that day and went out for ice cream with one of her children the day after.

However, prosecutors said there was no evidence that Ana Walshe carpooled or arrived at the airport. And in a criminal affidavit, police said there was no evidence that he ran errands for her mother on New Year’s Day. Prosecutors discovered surveillance video showing Brian Walshe buying $450 worth of cleaning supplies, including mops, a bucket and tarps, for cash at a Home Depot on January 2.

The affidavit describes Brian Walshe’s statements to police as a “clear attempt to mislead and delay investigators.”

Prosecutor Lynn Beland said in court last week that her statements “gave her time to clean up the evidence (or) get rid of the evidence.”

Ana Walshe’s workplace, Tishman Speyer, reported her missing on January 4 after she failed to show up for work. According to Brian Walshe’s defense attorney, Tracy Miner, he called her workplace to ask if they knew of her whereabouts before they called the police. Miner also said that her client “has been incredibly cooperative.”

The indictment comes after a series of tumultuous legal issues for Brian Walshe.

In 2021, he pleaded guilty to three federal fraud charges related to a 2018 scheme to sell fake Andy Warhol artwork online. Since then he has been under house arrest and surveillance as part of his pre-sentencing conditions.

Also, in 2018 his father, Dr. Thomas Walshe, passed away, leading to a protracted legal battle over his estate. In court documents, people close to the family accused Brian Walshe of financial misconduct, described him as angry and violent, and said he had been diagnosed as a sociopath.

“He had a big disagreement with his son,” Andrew Walshe, executor of the estate, said of Dr. Walshe’s relationship with Brian. “Brian had absconded with a significant amount of his money; he had had almost zero contact with Brian R. Walshe for the past ten-plus years.”

Additionally, Ana Walshe told police in 2014 that someone threatened to “kill (her) and her friend,” according to an incident report obtained by CNN from the Washington Metropolitan Police Department. A department spokesperson confirmed that Brian Walshe was the person implicated in the report.

The complaint was filed by Ana Walshe -then Ana Knipp- when she lived in the city of Washington. The case was later closed because the victim refused to cooperate with the prosecution, the spokesman said.

The couple’s three children, all between the ages of 2 and 6, are in the custody of the Massachusetts Department of Children and Families, a spokesperson said.

Source link

Leave a Comment