you have created your account in EL TIEMPO. Know and personalize your profile.
The verification email will be sent to
Check your inbox and if not, in your spam folder.
NO, CHANGE MAIL YES, SEND
The mayor recalled why it is necessary to implement the 10 security measures in the capital.
Find the validation of El Cazamentiras at the end of the news.
April 05, 2022, 08:13 AM
“With the Metropolitan Police we have evaluated the situation in which we are. Terrorism and crime have Bogotá as a target, as confirmed by the authorities and the Ministry of Defense”. These were the first words of the mayor of Bogotá, Claudia López, after the security council that took place on Tuesday morning, in which the Secretary of Security, Aníbal Fernández de Soto, also participated.
In the same way, the mayor confirmed that in order to take care of Bogotá in the midst of the terrorist threat it is experiencing, it is necessary to continue with the measures that had been in place since last week. Along these lines, she ratified that the decision to restrict the mobility of barbecue grills on Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays between 10 p.m. and 4 a.m. will be maintained.
Exceptions to the new restriction
Of the proposals made by biker clubs and organizations, the Mayor’s Office accepted three of them:
– Assess the effectiveness of the measure on a monthly basis and consider the possibility of withdrawing it if the situation improves.
– Bikers will join security fronts to report suspicious events and help monitor critical areas.
– Five exceptions to the rule will be established so that people with specific tasks can transport barbecue within the restriction hours: surveillance and private security personnel, emergency care personnel, the insured; the chosen drivers and the transport of people with disabilities will be able to circulate but they must identify their helmet and vestnot only with the license plate of the motorcycle, but also with the name of the exception to which it applies.
April 05, 2022, 08:13 AM
Receive the best information in your email from national news and the world
there was an error in the request
keep going down
to find more content
you arrived at content limit of the month
Enjoy the content to the fullest DIGITAL WEATHER unlimited. Sign up now!
* COP $900 / month for the first two months
We know that you like to always be informed.
Create an account and you can enjoy:
- Access to newsletters with the best current news.
- Comment the news that interests you.
- Keep your favorite items.
Create an account and you can enjoy our content from any device.